Thursday 6 October 2016

Presentation & Feedback

The presentation went well. Feedback wise I recognise that a big thing that holds me back in cop and what Richard mentions today was synthesising the writing element with the practical element. Focusing solely on Yinka Shonibare for my dissertation works, however it doesn't translate as a question to my practical work as succinctly.


I just found out Liverpool has history with slavery; being apart of the slavery triangle and all. So I'll go to there to the museum on slavery to find more out on how it affected the culture in liverpool.
http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/ism/slavery/triangle.aspx

A List of all Places that were built by or as a result of slavery That I wish to visit:

  • Harewood House, Leeds
  • Gallery of Modern art, Glasgow
  • Liverpool Town Hall, Liverpool
  • Speck Hall, Liverpool
  • Sneaton Castle, Whitby
Researching the 'benefits' of slavery for the upper class and merchant class white populous in britain further I find myself pissed the fuck off. These buildings where symbols of wealth, symbols of how in selling the lives of others and forcing them into slavery you could build yourselves homes and galleries. 

The blood of black people ran the wheels on British creativity. 

The Black Body as a British commodity: How Black british artists use art to expose 500years of black oppression in Britian

No comments:

Post a Comment