Wednesday 6 May 2015

OUIL401 Final Evauation



Leeds College of Art
BA (Hons) ILLUSTRATION
Level
04
OUIL401 Context of Practice
Credits
20
End of Module Self Evaluation

NAME
Naomi Crompton


1.     What skills have you developed through this brief and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
·       Learning to translate in-depth information into informative imagery- I felt that although my final image was not a direct translation of the essay it came out very well and was heavily informed by the research I did.
·       The importance of language- how language can be used as a tool to enhance and inform illustration and because of the way I think and process things language is a integral tool in my arsenal.
·       Adaptability within ideas and taking others advice- the advice I got from my post-pecha kucha discussion was integral to the way I tackled my diagram. Even though I do find it difficult to take my peers advice on sometimes I’m learning that being more open to advice and more adaptable in my work really pays of in the long run



2.  What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your practical outcomes?
·       Relevance- I love researching subjects I’m interested in and can get lost bogged down in wanting to know anything and everything about a chosen subject. So I learnt on this module to become more focused about what I specifically wanted to know and how the research I chose would help me develop my essay further
·       Multiple- using multiple sources for research, books, articles, cited dissertations, academic articles, films, documentaries are all integral to get a greater understanding of a subject you have to chose varied but appropriate research material which I felt I did really well. 





3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?


·       Research and understanding for me have been major strengths as I enjoy learning and translating that into more concise facts and imagery although I don’t know how well I employ that in the end. I do off on rants a lot.




4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

·       I need to become more concise in presentations
·       My essay writing needs to improve and I hope to utilise student support more when it comes to help reviewing the flow of my work.
·       I felt like I failed in making a direct translation of my essay into a illustration but I feel like that is mainly to do with me biting off more than I can chew with this essay
·       Look to explore and discuss content that can be more thoroughly explained within 3000 words.




5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?



·      I would look a just medieval prostitution in England/ Europe rather than the history of. More precision allows for greater depth in the essay.
·      Be more specific and in-depth about my own definition of patriarchal misogynistic society. It allows the reader and the essay to have a better reference to a more solidified concept rather than leaving my key factor of the essay so open-ended.
·      Look more at the philosophical side of society and how it effects the views of my subject-It’s an important factor missed out from social based essays also may help when coming to illustrating diagram
·      Less waffling in pecha kucha- so I don’t run over next time
·      Go to student support- to help ne in the way I write may essay as it comes across as a constant stream of thought.









6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




x
Punctuality



x

Motivation




x
Commitment




x
Quantity of work produced

x



Quality of work produced


x


Contribution to the group




x
The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self-evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.


A copy of your end of module self evaluation should be posted to your studio practice blog. This should be the last post before the submission of work and will provide the starting point for the assessment process. Post a copy of your evaluation to your PPP blog as evidence of your own on going evaluation.

Notes

I really like cop especially being able to do my own question and research because I am a massive nerd who likes to learn capitalistically useless things, Especially about social mentality within different societie

No comments:

Post a Comment